Thursday, February 6, 2014

Be careful of that old stuff you have in the attic. It might not seem worth while to you but it could be to someone else. Take for instance this old cane.  I watched that ol' cane in our attic for years, never knowing why Dad saved it.  Well, come to find out, it was carved bamboo.  Did you ever try to carve bamboo?  It's the hardest darn stuff to put a knife to. And then bend it for a loop at the top!!!?!

Dad told me years later he brought this cane home from China YEARS ago. Never had to use it. And now it's too precious to use. I just look at it and relish all the old memories.

I have more of that story of his trip to China way back in 1927 in one of our Kann Booklets called "Our Story".
You can link to it for easy reading right here.  http://www.kannimports.com/brochures/a_kann_story_complete.pdf

Happy times and fond regards from Barbara

1 comment:

  1. Interesting story. I'll have to check my attic for treasures!

    ReplyDelete